Two Sisters Writing and Publishing January 2018 Writing Contest
Lookin' for Love in All the Wrong Places. If you are old enough to remember John Travolta in Urban Cowboy, then you remember this song by Johnny Lee
. Take the reader through a story where the overarching themes of lookin' for love and all the wrong places. Who's doing the looking? What are those wrong places? Why are they wrong? Or are they really wrong at all?
Let your creative juices flow!
Target length: 1,000 - 1,200 words.
Our contest will have one winner who will receive a prize of $75. The winning story will be featured on our website and will be included in the Second Annual Two Sisters Writing and Publishing Anthology of Fresh Writers, which we aim to publish in December 2018.
Official Contest Rules
- One winner will earn $75 in prize money.
- Winner will be featured on our website and included in the Second Annual Two Sisters Writing and Publishing Anthology of Fresh Writers, which we aim to publish in December 2018.
- Target Length: 1,000 to 1,200 words. Stories under or over the target length will be disqualified.
- Multiple entries by one author are permitted.
- Entry fees cover the prize purse and go toward the publication costs for the Second Annual Two Sisters Writing and Publishing Anthology of Fresh Writers.
- Deadline: January 31, 2018. Stories sent electronically or postmarked after the deadline will be disqualified.
- Winner will be announced on February 14, 2018.
- We do not accept stories that have been published previously or that are scheduled for publication elsewhere.
- All decisions made by the judges regarding the winners are final. Two Sisters will be the judges for this contest.
- No contest entry fees will be returned.
- Winner will be required to sign a release and affidavit of eligibility.
- By entering this contest, you are agreeing to all contest rules.
- You must be over 18 to enter.
- Void where prohibited.
- Contest rules are subject to change.
- Further questions? Contact us!